On the road again. After not having to drive for about a week it was weird being on the road again! And this time by myself…in the middle of nowhere with no good radio stations, oh it was fun! But seriously the views along the drives were spectacular! I stopped by the Great Sand Dunes in southwestern Colorado, who would have ever thought they had sand dunes around the Rockies? But as you can tell from the pictures it is true! I really wanted to hike up a dune, but the weather was too unstable, (rain and snow). So off I went to New Mexico.
Amazingly it looked just like Colorado in the beginning, but further on 285 South the landscape changed dramatically and it looked more like a desert. For many miles it was just me on the road, no one else around, it was really liberating realizing that there was no one with me and I was on my own, then my sensibility started sinking in and I started paying attention to mile marker signs in case I broke down 80) Getting closer to Santa Fe the road got confusing, but I’m happy to say that I found my hotel on the first try!
I decided to try downtown for dinner, but Santa Fe is a silly town, all the stores close between 5:30 and 6pm and there were few restaurants and bars, but not many. I did find a place that had homemade chicken tortilla soup…yummy! I also made some new friends, local hippies, they are everywhere! We hung out and played pool and they gave me some tips on where to go in town, so now I’m off to explore Santa Fe before the snow hits again! Fun, fun! 80)
No comments:
Post a Comment