Saturday, February 23, 2008

new orleans the home of jazz

Ok, I really didn’t know what a lot of driving was until I got in the jeep at 9am yesterday morning and didn’t get out until 8pm after driving over 530 miles and being stuck in traffic for hours. But the thing is, I loved the drive into Louisiana. The trees lining the road, green grass everywhere, the long bridges that went barley above the swamp, I absolutely loved it! Sorry Croney/Sandruck family, but I couldn’t wait to finally get out of the long boring drives in Texas! Oh yeah and if I see anymore cows I’ll scream…of course I saw them here in LA too, but I turned the other way 80) speaking of the Croney/Sandruck family…thank you for showing me what is meant by southern hospitality! It was really sad to leave, it had been so long since I had seen you’ll (like that?) and I really enjoyed spending time with all of you!
More sadness…after getting harassed by a guy in a pick-up truck…while I was sitting in traffic I saw the Superdome and realized that thousands of people were stranded at the same spot where I was stopped after Katrina hit. I haven’t seen much of my favorite city yet, but what I have seen there is a lot of lifting of buildings going on, meaning putting them on stilts. Bourbon Street, where the hotel is, is as crazy as ever, but I hope to venture out to the worst hit areas and see the devastation that still exists 3 years after the tragedy.
Sorry no pictures today, but the windshield was covered in bugs and there weren’t a lot of interesting places to stop on the way…more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's spelled, "ya'll" You're in the country, let the grammar go out the window! I was sad Friday too to have you go. Sadder than I anticipated. Enjoy more Southern hospitality. Hopefully, you'll get to hang with some people that have great accents.--Jocelyn