Wednesday, February 6, 2008

our sh*t hole







morning in tahoe, gorgeous! i had forgotten how beautiful it was at the lake, and this time of year was even prettier! we had ice sickles about 2.5 feet long outside our window, but still the lake was not frozen over.
we drove all day across nevada. thank goodness chris was with me because i woke up with a migraine that only got worse as the day went on so he drove all day and i hid from the sun as much as i could. Anyone who has been on highway 80 through Nevada knows that there is nothing to see, you have no good radio stations, no good sights…it’s a wonder you can make it all the way across in one day without driving off the side of the road from exhaustion and boredom! (PS chris thought it was beautiful) We did see natural hot springs…that was the most exciting thing of the day, oh and possibly passing our POD on the way…
As luck would have it at the nevada/utah line chris got tired and i was able to drive the last 100 + miles into salt lake city where we were greeted with a rude awaking...lodging is expensive unless you don't have any standards, which was us. for a whole $35 you too can stay in a sh*t hole in salt lake city. the sink was clogged when we got there, the sheet was covering the window that was right next to the bed. it even comes complete with graffiti and paper to fill the holes in the walls 80) no i'm not joking! And you can’t forget the rowdy locals who decided to knock on our door at 2:30am and keep us up for the rest of the morning. Needless to say I didn’t get much sleep and woke up congested and chris woke up with a fever…what a way to start day 6 on the road!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. So I was jealous of the entire trip...until now. Wow.

And where are the photos! I need photo's or I'm really going to think it's just the migraine talking.

I'm sure I'll be jealous again tomorrow.

Love, Kris