Tuesday, March 4, 2008

beaches and southern hospitality










3.2.08 the sun was shinning today and the heat was up! If only I had brought shorts! Ashton was still under the weather so I decided to explore the beach of Savannah. Tibbey Island is your typical eastern beach…it was great to be back after spending so much time on western beaches. I explored the historic lighthouse. It was the first lighthouse that I have seen that you could actually go up to the top. 176 steps later I was able to see for miles around! Mommom, I have another picture for your collection 80) I also enjoyed a nice leisurely walk up the beach. I went looking for sand dollars, which are apparently abundant on the beach, but unfortunately I couldn’t find any. The waves were small, something I have to get use to again, but the beaches were clean and well populated!
After enough of the sunshine I headed to Wormslo, a historical sight in Savannah. It is the ruins of an old plantation. The ruins themselves were a bit of a disappointment as they were not much, but the nature walk was so peaceful and beautiful! It was as though I was the only one who was around…heaven!
I headed back to Aunt Barbara and Uncle Steve’s for Sunday dinner…yummy! By the time I leave Savannah I will have gained any weight I lost during my travels as well as a few more I’m sure! Southern hospitality, if they keep this up I won’t be leaving anytime soon!

No comments: