Sunday, March 9, 2008

sad farewells and SC



3.8.08 After a sad farewell breakfast with my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Steve I headed onward and upward to Charleston. And I thought Georgia had a lot of cops, well; South Carolina wins the award for most speed traps! I arrive in Charleston and met up with my Dad’s business associate Cathy and explored the best of what Charleston had to offer. I never realized all the history that took place in this part of South Carolina, it was quite overwhelming! When I was walking up the street I could almost see the ladies of society in their fancy dress with their umbrellas walking ahead of me. I explored the Exchange building and the dungeon and we walked all through the city market as well as did a driving tour around the east battery and the very expensive homes and the port (that was for you dad 80) I also got to try local food…she crab soup, talk about interesting I’m not quite sure if there is anything that I can even compare it to. All in all it was a great day, enjoy the few pictures. Off to Charlotte, NC to visit my cousin Tricia at college…

No comments: