Sunday, March 2, 2008

Savannah on the river and at night...






3.1.08 I love saturdays! Since I have been traveling everyday has felt like a Saturday, but I really enjoy when I'm spending time with family on a Saturday. The weather was beautiful here in Savannah and Uncle Steve and Aunt Barbara decided we would explore the area...by boat. For those that have never been down this way, there are waterways everywhere! We put the boat in by sling which was a very interesting procedure to watch. I'm use to boat ramps, so this was very different! The waterways were beautiful and there were so many sandbars and island you really had to pay attention. I was shocked to see how the water depth went from 35 feet to 10 feet in the blink of an eye! The water temperature was warm so I was able to get off the boat at one point and go shell hunting. I had forgotten how much fun it was to do this after living out west for so long and there not being any shells. It was a very enjoyable day on the water I was sad when it ended!
In the evening I headed into Savannah to hang out with my cousin Jonathan and to see some of the nightlife. Apparently Savannah is a late night area and the streets definitely got more crowded the later it got. We explored everywhere from City Market to River Walk and had a great time! Jonathan's sporty car caused alot of attention when we were driving around 80) and the window shopping was great even at 1am! When I was growing up I never really got to hang out with Jonathan since he lived down here and I up in Baltimore, so tonight was extra special for me, thanks Jonathan!

No comments: