Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the gift of life and city skylines





today was a great day...the sun was shinning, the birds were flying along with the airplanes what could be better? apparently the raleigh area is a popular one because i have two different friends from California that have moved here and also Owen and Jamie from up north. I visited with Heather today, my old swim coach from Long Beach. She just had Skylar her daughter 6 weeks ago. Skylar is so adorable. She slept most of the time while I was there, but she coos in her sleep which I found adorable!
later in the evening I met up with my friend Jerry aka Gary whom I met when I lived in San Francisco. He took me around and gave me a taste of raleigh...literally I had mexican food, seafood and Jamaican tapas, from high class places to the dive bar. I had mentioned to Jerry that I kept waiting to see a skyline of raleigh but hadn't so far so he took me to a high point just outside the downtown area and I got to see the skyline if that's what you can call the cluster of about half a dozen buildings 80)
I'm heading onto Virginia Beach next to visit my old friend Michele, who I haven't seen almost since we graduated high school. the trip is winding down to an end i'm so much closer to maryland now where my family is. so much time seems to have passed since i left long beach 41 days ago.

No comments: