3.12.08 the drive from Raleigh to Virginia Beach wasn’t too bad, but I had to keep reminding myself that I was in Virginia the state that I received my first and only speeding ticket in many years ago. After getting lost numerous times around Norfolk I found the Atlantic Ocean. It is off-season here on the east for the beaches so I basically had the entire area to myself. I really liked how Virginia Beach mixed in resorts and then had a residential area too; it was like East Coast and West Coast beaches all in one!
I met up with my old friend Michele after she got off work, as a social worker, go figure 80) I haven’t seen Michele in years so I had no idea if she would look completely different or what to expect…I was pleasantly surprised that she hasn’t changed much at all! Michele gave me a short tour of the area and took me to a seafood restaurant right on the water. It was ever so romantic as we got to watch the sun set on the water 80) we spent the rest of the night catching up and reminiscing about what crazy teenagers we were, as well as gossiping about where our old friends were and who had gone where etc. Being able to spend time with her was great! It made me realize how important it is to remember where you came from and who you were because that all helps make you who you are today. Thanks Michele I had a GREAT time! See you in the big Apple 80)
No comments:
Post a Comment