Tuesday, March 11, 2008

lucky numbers and family bonding time




3.9.08 ok so I have to admit, I’m getting anxious to be off the road and stop living out of a suitcase! I have enjoyed every aspect of my travels, but constantly being a tourist and moving around gets a bit tiring after a while! No amount of sleep seems to be enough, I haven’t felt sleep deprivation like this since college and we all know how long it’s been since I was in college 80)
The speed odometer clicked to 77777 today so I figure it is my lucky day…I’m in Charlotte, NC now and after being hit on by the clerk at the welcome center and settled in a hotel…the first for a while not counting NYC.
I met up with my cousin Tricia who is attending Johnston and Wales College in Charlotte. The actual city of Charlotte is a small one full of star wars looking buildings. Tricia and I wandered around the city and stopped for some Shepard’s pie. Ever since Jon made me Shepard’s pie I had wanted more. I figure being with Tricia, a chef in the making, if she said it was good then it was good! She even showed me around the dorm, wow a college dorm hadn’t seen one of them in a while! It’s amazing how the littlest things make you feel your age even more!
I’m off to Raleigh…thanks Tricia for taking time to hang out with me!

No comments: