3.7.08It is official…I am a New Yorker! Natalie and I were approved and we currently have in our possession keys to our first New York apartment. I am so excited! The process of finding an affordable apartment in New York is not an easy one when you don’t want to pay a brokers fee, but fate, luck whatever you want to call it was on our side!
Today was my last day in Savannah 80( I am very sad to say goodbye! I awoke to a tornado warning and the tornado sirens so maybe that is Savannah’s way of saying farewell to me? Frankly I would have preferred a nice sunny day for my last day, but beggars can’t be choosers!
This evening I hung out with Mike, Ashton and Stacey and enjoyed my last night in my absolute favorite city of the south. Mike and Ashton ran a March of Dimes St. Patrick’s day kids race then Mike ran the 5k. It was a very nice evening even though it was drizzly. We had a wonderful last southern dinner at a seafood restaurant…yummy scallops (ha-ha Drew I didn’t have to share any, I got them all to myself) and flounder. Any weight that I possibly lost from speed walking around NYC for 3 days is back on my hips 80)
I have to say that I have really enjoyed every moment that I have spent here with the Southern Sturgis’ and I can’t help but feel distraught that I’m not sure when I will see them again…but I will be back! Even though this was the longest I stayed in one place on my trip it was not long enough! Off to Charleston SC tomorrow…
No comments:
Post a Comment