3.10.08 I am dangerous in a mall. I don’t know if I’m having withdrawal from shopping or if I’m just getting very very excited about moving to NYC, but I am dangerous in a mall! After a supposed pit stop (it seemed much longer and more expensive than a pit stop is suppose to be) at a very large mall in Concord, NC I wandered around the back roads of NC trying to head to Raleigh. After getting lost several times (I’m using a map not a GPS) I found the right track and set off to see the countryside. NC has a lot more tress than I’m use too so the scenery was quite nice to look at!
Somewhere along the way I found a covered bridge and sat for a while in the middle of the creek and contemplated my place in the universe…talk about a reality check. It was hard to leave that area as I was the only one there and it was so peaceful! But onward into the tree wilderness of NC I went, until I found a local brewery, Carolina Brewery, and had a sample of their finest. I was pleasantly surprised as they were actually good! Maybe today is my lucky day instead of yesterday…
Finally I made it to Owen and Jamie’s house where two 50+ pound English Bulldogs greeted me. I never realized bulldogs had so much power to them as Willie knocked me over as soon as I went out into the yard. Gia was very skittish with me, but eventually later in the evening she did come near me to sniff me out, I guess I passed the test because she didn’t bark as much afterwards. Owen and I went out to a local eatery where after being given the third degree by the waitress that we couldn’t take any wings home, it was $0.25 wing night and we didn’t know, I had the best pizza and wings that I’ve ever had! Jamie and Owen are heading to Florida tomorrow so it was a short visit, but now that I am back on the east coast hopefully I will be seeing more of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment